When someone is out to look for a property, the first thing that they came across is the pictures that you have used for the listings and ads. Real estate is all about helping potential buyers possess their dream home. Photographs play a significant role in determining the person's decision on whether to buy the property or not.
The post-processing image enhancement process is a necessary, time consuming and mandatory step. Many potential buyers prefer browsing and searching for properties online. Thus real estate agents and photographers must enhance images and help businesses attract buyers through pictures.
We have collated a few standard photo editing techniques which will help you be ahead of the competition while putting out your listing:
· Colour correction and basic brightness: Colour Correction and Basic Brightness are the fundamentals ofimage enhancement. Pictures make a tremendous difference and are a big deal when retouching techniques like contrast, colour and sharpness enhance image enhancement. Colour correction is the most basic but very important step to editing pictures in real estate to make them look more realistic.
· Removing unnecessary objects: Digitally removing unnecessary objects can help to tidy the final image after a little blending and retouching. This lets potential buyers see every aspect of the house without any distractions. Items like garbage bins, cars, electrical cords which are not fixed can be easily removed while editing pictures.
· Perspective correction: Perspective correction helps rectify misalignment, distortion and align the lines. It makes the photographs look more natural. Moreover, aligning the distorted lines makes the pictures appear compact and cohesive. This also allows viewers to concentrate on the main subject of the image.
· Enhance Image: Sometimes, photographers do not get the desired pictures due to several reasons. It can be bad weather or lighting, or even non-movable objects. Pictures can be easily enhanced by adjusting contrast, sharpness, balance, brightness, and other aspects to make them look better.
· Sky replacement: You can completely change the property's look and feel by replacing dreary skies with sunny and blue clear skies. Colours come alive and vibrant on sunny days. When combined with the right level of image enhancement, pictures can be full of life, and the property can shine under a bright day. Clients can even choose different day parts like the sunset, sunrise, and evening skies if they want.
· Use HDR: In Real Estate Photo Retouching, HDR mode is often used, short for High Dynamic Range. This helps capture the true depths of the colours that are generally not caught by a camera due to various reasons. HDR can be created by taking shots in different bracketed images and later merging them into display shadow and highlight.
· Photo Manipulation: Photo manipulation does the magic of making the property look exciting and alive. Elements like flames to the fireplace or green grass on barren land can make the property look dreamy and beautiful.
· Improve Clarity: While doing Real Estate photography editing, you need to make sure that the picture is clear. This means that you need to get rid of those blurry edges. To add more depth to the image, you can adjust the blacks and make them darker. But make sure you do not overdo and make the property look intimidating or scary.
Photos edited the right way will make the property look beautiful and appealing. Professionally edited images help convince a prospect that the home is worth investing in. The goal of photo editing in real estate photography is to sell the property. With a busy photo shooting schedule, photographers may lack time to enhance real estate images digitally. To get excellent results, you can entrust this work to professional real estate photo editing services.
Rahul Agrawal is the Co-founder & Chief Business Officer at Styldod, where he has taught a computer to do interior design! Styldod provides the most hassle-free & inexpensive virtual staging solutions for real estate agents so they can sell their listings faster, and for higher prices. Rahul was also a co-founder of Mebelkart (which is acquired by Ask Me). He's your everyday IIT Kanpur nerd who pushes the boundaries with his innovative entrepreneurial stints and is also a sound startup investor & advisor. Rahul attributes his success as a professional to the discipline he has learned from his district hockey days, being a swimmer and a gym enthusiast.